FNG law firm (hereafter “FNG”) is committed to protecting your personal data. Our firm is engaged in ensuring that your personal data is handled in accordance with all applicable data privacy laws which set forth appropriate standards for the processing of your information.
FNG complies with the requirements set out by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 679/2016), as applicable and in force, Greek Laws applicable to the processing of personal data, decisions of the Greek Data Protection Authority and any other EU applicable legal and regulatory provisions.
FNG collects and uses your personal data, solely for the purpose of providing you with legal services in connection with the pertinent assignment, may it be the hearing of a case before courts or the provision of legal consulting services. FNG collects and uses such personal data only to the extent that it is necessary in order to provide you with its services.
Your personal data will be retained for the period specified in the Service or Personal Data Processing Agreement, if expressly stated; otherwise, for a period of 5 years starting from the termination of our service provision/ representation unless the law provides for a longer period of time. Your data will be deleted at the end of the retention period unless you request them to be deleted earlier.
The types of personal data that FNG processes (in both paper and electronic format) may indicatively include your name and contact details, Tax identification number and Tax Authority, Identity card number, signature sample, criminal and/or medical records and any other case specific personal data included in information obtained by you or on behalf of you, within the frame of providing you with our legal services.
FNG may also be required by applicable Greek or other European laws to maintain records, process and disclose some types of personal data to the competent national public authorities, for reasons related to mandatory reporting, tax and accounting requirements.
All FNG personnel authorized to process your personal data, including any third- party processors or data controllers used by FNG (bailiffs, notaries and accountants) have committed themselves to confidentiality.
FNG maintains all appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure the level of security appropriate to safeguard your information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Your information will be retained for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
In accordance with the GDPR you are entitled to:
- request access to your personal data (Article 15 of the GDPR)
- request the correction of your personal data (Article 16 of the GDPR) . If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information you should inform FNG of such changes so that your information may be updated or corrected.
- request the erasure of your personal data (Article 17 of the GDPR)
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data (Article 18 of the GDPR)
- request the portability of personal data (Article 20 of the GDPR)
- object to the processing of your personal data (Article 21 of the GDPR)
You may lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority if you consider that FNG processes your personal data in a way that infringes on applicable law.
Feel free to ask any questions regarding personal data by:
- addressing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- contacting us directly via phone at (0030) 210- 3608600
- by mail at: FNG Law Firm, Patriarchou Ioakeim 8, Athina 106 74
(version 1 _25/05/18)